Saturday, July 12, 2008

Weekend Jaunts

I spent the week thinking about trying my first pair of socks...and have decided to take the plunge! While hunting through my stash for some yarn to use I found nothing too inspiring...but I did find a bag filled with simply soft brites, which I had intended to work into an afghan for my sister's birthday. So I decided I would do that, and in the use a black t-shirt that I cut up as a flower's outline. So I drew up a pattern for the afghan, and decided to take a trip to the yarn store!!

Since I'm working out of town this summer, I googled local yarn stores and came across one I wanted to use. Then, I dragged my darling boyfriend across town to help me pick yarn for his socks. the ladies at the store put him to work winding balls of yarn while I hunted for hours for the perfect yarn. I found what I needed. *And of course, several things I wanted*

I'm now back home and have put aside all my other fun projects to start on a *couple* new projects! yay!

No comments: